COL Group AB, COL Commercial AB, COL Ltd, COL B.V., COL Deutschland GmbH, COL Norway AS, COL SRL and COL S.A.S. are part of the Car-O-Liner group of companies in Europe which process your data. The Car-O-Liner group of companies operates under the trading names of Car-O-Liner, Josam, and TruckCam in Europe.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest in our services and your visit to this website. The protection of your privacy in the processing of your personal data is an important concern to which we pay special attention during our business processes.
1. What personal data do we gather?
We collect and process a range of personal data including:
Data you give to us:
- This is information about you that you give to us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, in person or at trade shows or events or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give to us includes for example: name, title, address, business telephone number, purchase information, business email address, fax number, country of origin/nationality, passport number, country of residence, financial and credit card information, personal description, photograph, customer number, business-related information, preferences provided by Internet activity, survey responses marketing efforts, and the name of the company you work for.
Data we collect about you:
Data we collect from other sources:
- We may also receive information about you from other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We may also receive information about you from our franchisees or agents. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share that data internally and/or combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data.
- We also work with third parties including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, lead generators, data aggregators, social media platforms, and credit reference agencies.
- We may request that you provide us with information about your dealer or representative or, if you order a product for someone else online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you might submit the recipient's name and address. The types of personal data that may be collected about other people include: dealer or representative's name and contact information, and a product recipient's name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
2. How is that personal data used by us?
We may use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- Website Experience: for the technical administration of the website; for internal operations; for customer administration; for product surveys; for troubleshooting; for data analysis, data analytics, testing, and research and development purposes; to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- Business Uses: to fulfil a transaction request or to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts you enter into with us or to send more information about becoming a franchisee or dealer; to carry out a credit check; to send renewal notices; to establish and manage accounts; and to analyse and develop new products, services and website;
- Providing Support: to provide customer support, manage subscriptions, and respond to requests, questions, and comments; to notify you about changes to our service; and to measure how effectively we address your concerns;
- Monitoring & Recording: to handle any calls, chats or other interactions with us, including by the customer services team. Please be aware that it is our general practice to monitor and in some cases record such interactions for staff training or quality assurance purposes or to retain evidence of a particular transaction or interaction.
- Protecting our Rights and Property: to protect our rights or property or that of our business partners, franchisees, dealers, suppliers, customers or others when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such rights or property have been or could be affected; to recover debts; to prevent, detect, identify, investigate, respond, and protect against potential or actual claims, liabilities and prohibited behaviour or activities.
- Information for our Business Partners, Dealers and Franchisees: to administer and develop our business relationship with you, the business partner, dealer or franchisee you represent, including sharing information with our group, to enter into or perform a transaction with you, to contact you as part of satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes;
- Marketing: to communicate about, and administer participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers and promotions; to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer, or offered by others, that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and to send informational or promotional email messages to you, which you may opt out of receiving as described below; and
- Surveys: to request and receive from you information regarding your experience with our products and services. We may use the information to design offers customized to your interests.
3. On what legal basis do we gather and use my data?
We gather and use your personal data for either [(i) the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, and/or (ii) for direct marketing purposes, and/or (iii) our legitimate interests and in compliance with your fundamental rights and freedoms and/or (iv) because of a legal obligation, and/or (v) to protect your vital interests.
4. Is my personal data transferred or provided to third parties?
We will disclose such data for the following purposes:
- to manage client, dealer, franchisee, and customer accounts effectively, to service and process transactions, to market products and services offered by us and our affiliated companies, to manage our business;
- to improve and optimise our site and services;
- to enable them to offer products or services that may be of interest to you (provided that you have consented), which you may opt out of receiving as described below; and
- as required by law in cases where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or to protect our rights, property, or safety, as well as that of our customers, clients, dealers, franchisees or others or in response to a court order, subpoena or a law enforcement agency’s request.
Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganise our business. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal data to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of such data from sellers. It is our practice to seek appropriate protection for data in these types of transactions.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design and improve our web site and services and gather information for product management and development. For example, we may tell our sales and marketing staff that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our web site, or that Y number of software licenses were ordered during a particular time period. This aggregate information may also be shared with our affiliates and independent dealers.
5. For how long will my personal data be kept?
We will endeavour not to keep your personal data in a form that allows you to be identified for any longer than is reasonably necessary for achieving the permitted purposes. This means that data will be destroyed or erased from our systems or anonymized when it has reached the applicable retention period.
6. Will my personal data be transferred to other countries?
Personal data may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to members of our group and other third parties as set out above, provided that certain conditions as set out in the applicable legislation are complied with. Your personal data will also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order and the provision of support services.
We are party to a data transfer agreement with the members of our group and we will (i) keep that document up to date with current law, and (ii) only engage in personal data transfers from the EEA to outside the EEA in accordance with such an agreement or an alternative means of transfer in compliance with data protection legislation. For more information on the safeguards in place, please contact .
7. What security measures are in place to protect my personal data?
We endeavour to protect the security of your personal data. We will seek to maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of your personal data.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we endeavour to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to us or stored on our systems; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. These procedures include physical, electronic, and managerial procedures.When you place orders or access your account information, we offer the use of a server that encrypts the information you input before it is sent to us.
8. How do I update or access my personal data?
We ask that you keep your data as up-to-date as possible so you may get the maximum benefit from us.
If you have an account with us then you can access and correct personal data that we keep in your online account by clicking on "Your Account" and entering your user id and password. For other questions related to updating or changing your account information or if any errors in your personal data cannot be corrected by accessing "Your Account", please contact email@example.com.
9. What rights do I have in relation to my personal data?
Depending on the circumstances, you may have the right to:
- request access to any personal data we hold about you;
- object to the processing of your data for direct-marketing purposes;
- ask to have inaccurate data held about you amended or updated;
- ask to have your data erased or to restrict processing in certain limited situations;
- request the porting of your personal data to another organization in control of your personal data; and/or
- object to any decision that significantly affects you being taken solely by a computer or other automated process.
If you wish to make a formal request for information we hold about you, you can contact us, here>
10. How do I opt out of being contacted for promotional purposes?
You have the right to ask us not to send you marketing communications. We will usually inform you (before collecting the personal data) if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect personal data. You can also exercise the right to prevent such processing at any time by:
- Clicking the unsubscribe link in any informational or promotional email that we send you.
- Clicking here Marketing Profile if you want to modify your subscription, email and contact preferences or if you have questions about removing your name from our subscription lists.
- If you have any questions about changing your contact preference or require assistance in removing your name from our subscription lists please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Session cookies are temporary cookie files that expire when you close your browser or app.
Persistent cookies are cookie files that remain until you erase them or they expire.
We use the following persistent cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website, apps and online services. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website, apps and online services when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website, apps and online services. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, apps and online services, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website, apps and online services and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the tables below:
If you consider that the applicable data protection legislation or this policy has not been followed, then you should raise the matter by contacting: email@example.com. Any breach will be taken seriously.
12. Modifications to this Privacy Statement